If there’s one name you can count on to successfully fuse rustic Arabian character with understated (but most certainly present) luxury, it’s Jumeirah. The UAE-based firm unveiled the Jumeirah Al Wathba Desert Resort & Spa in mid-March to bring another luxury escape to Abu Dhabi.
Tucked away amongst the rolling golden dunes of the Al Wathba area, approximately 50km south east of the UAE capital, the resort promises “an indulgent desert sanctuary” that “evokes the atmosphere of a traditional Bedouin village”. Being a 45-minute drive from downtown Abu Dhabi and 90 minutes from the chain’s Burj Al Arab location in Dubai, “sanctuary” summarises the property rather well.
Five on-site dining and entertainment options cater to those who plan on staying within the resort’s walls for the duration of their stay, including Terra Secca for exquisite Italian dining and the peaceful Al Mesayan rooftop bar for dinner with a view. Many guests will arrive to swap city lights for peaceful nights at the Al Mabeet Desert Camp, designed to evoke traditional Bedouin life and dine among the dunes.
Inspired by classical dwellings, the boutique resort’s 103 guest rooms and villas feature timeless local details, traditional artwork, and Arabesque accessories, alongside a range of dining destinations showcasing the dunes to panoramic perfection.
- 90 rooms and suites
- 13 villas with private plunge pools and panoramic views of the picturesque desert
- Six restaurants & bars
- A 1000 sqm swimming pool
- Fully equiped gym
- Talise Spa with 13 treatment rooms, individual male and female Hammam, saunas, hot tubs, Jacuzzi, steam room, crystal salt room, Cryo Treatment room and hot and cold plunge pools
- Talise Fitness set up with the latest Technogym
- Sinbad’s Kids Club
One & Two Bedroom Pool Villas
An idyllic Desert Villa with a private pool for total privacy…
The sumptuous interiors come with a separate dining room, living room, and kitchen, where the cream colour scheme, caramel furnishings, and Arabesque accents create an effortlessly elegant appeal. The spacious bathroom comes with a rain shower, free standing bath, twin wash basins, and premium toiletries to cater to all your indulgence.
- A king size bed
- Serene views of the Arabian Desert in the cultural setting of a place away from time.
- Complimentary access to Wi Fi and cable broadband in the room and around the resort.
- Widescreen Interactive HD LCD TV, iPod/iPhone docking station and connectivity to TV.
- Complimentary access to Sinbad’s Kids Club for children and teenagers from 2 – 17 years old. Access to Dubai’s ultimate destination of wellbeing Talise Fitness.
Nestled within an exclusive natural environment and picturesque garden area, the Spa includes 10 treatment rooms and two couples’ rooms, the perfect environment for couples and groups of friends to escape the city.
Highlights include the signature Al Wathba Revitalising Massage, the Red Carpet Facial by Margy’s Monte Carlo and the Hammamii Desert Massage ritual
If you wish to step away from it all into an exclusive natural environment, with the space to reconnect and the freedom to lose yourself, this is the perfect resort for you.