The Maldives are an archipelago of 1,900 coral islands over 26 atolls with only 190 islands inhabited with a total population of approximately 350,000. All visitors arrive on the main island Male where transfers to resort islands are arranged via seaplane or boats.
As you approach the Islands of the Maldives, you are in awe with the splendor of the Indian Ocean. From the air, the small paradise islands sprinkled across the azure blue sea stand out like a pearl necklace. All the islands are surrounded by bright turquoise color from the shallow reefs and white sands.
The Maldives are well known for their paradise island Luxury with a wide range of resort accommodation to suit any budget. Private villas can be in excess of £25k per night and rank amongst the top Most Extravagant places to stay in the World.
One of the first resorts opened in the Maldives is Baros in 1973, originally the main diving location popular amongst German divers. Baros has since enjoyed a makeover and is one of the finest Luxury resorts in the Maldives for adults only and highly popular with honeymooners – A reef surrounds the island creating a blue lagoon, crystal clear waters with fine white sandy beaches and palm trees.
The Resort has 70 beachside and water villas with luxury bathrooms and private outdoor shower and a private beach area. The cuisine is fresh with all produce transported in from the main island and a bold wine list to complement local delicacies. Cocktails at the Lighthouse Lounge and wonderful cuisine at the Cayenne Grill is a perfect way to enjoy an evening in paradise. Alternatively, Baros hospitality can cater for that special moment over a private dinner prepared by your very own private chef, arranged on a sandbank under a bountiful sunset and surrounded by the Indian Ocean in peace and tranquility.
Exotic Spa treatments with care and attention is provided by professional therapists in a private and serene ambience, allowing guests to enjoy inner peace and calm. Treatment menus are available in every villa for guest information.
- Four Private Spa suites for couple treatments
- All suites with two changing rooms, toilet and steam bath
- All suites with outdoor relaxation area: rainfall shower, bath tub in a tropical garden
- Manicure and pedicure suite
- Spa Boutique
- Reception and lounge
- Relaxation sala
- Air-conditioned Yoga pavilion
- Thai Sala
All Villas on Baros Maldives feature:
- Bathtub and separate shower
- Beach Bag & Flip Flops
- Beach Sun Loungers
- Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access
- Deluxe bathrobes, slippers
- Electric kettle with complimentary tea selection
- Espresso machine with complimentary premium coffee capsules
- Flat screen television
- Generous wardrobe space
- Hair dryer
- IDD telephone
- In-Villa bar stocked to guest requirements
- In-Villa safe
- iPod docking station
- Iron & ironing board
- Individually controlled air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Make up/shaving mirror
- Open-air bathroom and outdoor rain shower in all beach villas
- Pillow Menu
- Surround sound system with DVD/CD player
- Weighing Scale
- Wine chiller with notable wines and champagnes
- Yoga mats
For further information:
PO Box 2015, Male’ 20-02, Republic of Maldives
Tel: +960 664 26 72 Email: email@example.com
(photographs Courtesy of Baros)